I am a highly-skilled and motivated researcher/data visualization designer in area of social justice with ten years of experience in social policy research, quantitative/spatial (GIS) analysis, BI tool development, and data visualization.
You can download my full CV here.
Throughout my career, I have proven that I can:
- Develop and quality control research and data visualization processes to maximize efficiency
- Manage a team of analysts and their work for a large-scale countywide primary data collection and analysis project (Annual Homeless Count)
- Train 500+ individuals on how to leverage data and mapping technology to lift up community voices and influence policy
- Analyze geographic patterns of California’s three major foundations’ investments of $230 MM per year to prioritize high-need communities
I have a strong background in areas of:
social justice, racial equity, homelessness, affordable housing, community safety, access to healthcare, social determinants of health, and funding for vulnerable students in California schools.
My expertise include:
Point-In-Time Homeless Count | Homelessness Policy | GIS/spatial analysis for policy advocacy and evaluation | User/audience oriented data visualization | Place-based strategy for philanthropic investment | Hiring and Management | Local Policies and Governance | Data Management and Quality Control | Community need index | Community-engaged mapping | Community-based participatory action research (CBPAR) | Social equity | Social determinants of health | Housing affordability | Socioeconomic service gap analysis | Community needs assessment
My tools are:
- Geospatial Analysis and Cartography: ArcGIS, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Data Visualization and Layout Design: Adobe Illustrator and InDesign (advanced), R, Tableau, Power BI
- Quantitative/Statistical policy analysis: R, MS Excel, MS Access, SQL/SQL Server
- Survey Tools: Qualtrics and Survey Monkey
I am also well-versed in:
- Administrative Data Management and Analysis
- Staff Supervision and Management
- Project Coordination/Management – designing and tracking work process, quality control, inter- and intra- team communications, presentation of final deliverables for various audiences.
- Demographic and socioeconomic data sources evaluation and utilization
- Presentation, training, and curriculum development on data analysis, mapping, and data visualization